Hiba M. Beshir Dr.
- Gastroenterology / Hepatology
- English, Arabic
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- GI Motility disorders
- Hepatology and liver disease
- Pancreatic disease
- Peptic ulcer disease
- GI endoscopy
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Dr. Beshir graduated from the University of Medical Sciences and Technology in Sudan, following which she travelled to the USA where she completed her residency and American board certification in internal medicine at Penn State University Hospitals in Hershey Pennsylvania. She then completed Gastroenterology and Hepatology fellowships at the same institution and was later awarded American board certification in Gastroenterology.
She worked as a consultant gastroenterologist in James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center, Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA with management of patients in the inpatient, outpatient, emergency and ambulatory settings.
She also worked in Sudan in both the academic and private sector and was able to share the experience she gained in the USA in her home country. She worked in Soba University Teaching Hospital and Ibn Sina Specialized Hospital where she taught and supervised gastroenterology fellows and trainees in the Sudan Medical Specialization Board.
She has also had many presentations in international meetings and was awarded Poster of Distinction Award in the Digestive Disease Week (DDW) meeting in Chicago 2014 for a study of “Evaluation of topical intraductal lidocaine in the pancreatic duct for prevention of Post ERCP pancreatitis”. She also published a paper regarding “Gastro-gastric fistula following gastric bypass surgery- clinical recognition and treatment”.
Member of American Academy of Gastroenterology (ACG)
Member of American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
Member of Sudan Society of Gastroenterology (SSG).
- Qualifications: American Board certified in Internal Medicine - ABIM speciality, American Board of Gastroenterology – ABIM subspeciality.