- Cosmetic dentistry - complete smile makeovers and Hollywood smile
- Full mouth rehabilitation
- Porcelain veneers and laminates
- All ceramic and zirconium crowns, bridges and porcelain fillings
- General dentistry
- Tooth coloured composite fillings and metal-free restorations, inlays and onlays
- Teeth whitening
- Replacement of teeth with fixed or removable prosthesis -complete and partial dentures
- Preventative dentistry- sealants and fluoride for paediatric patients
- Mouth guards
- Hygiene therapy, scaling-polishing and stain removal and treatment of halitosis (bad breath)
- Treatment of emergencies and non-surgical dental extractions
- Oral cancer screening
- Sports dentistry
- Dr. Zara Akhavan is a Canadian qualified General Dentist and an expert in all areas of Dentistry, in particular, Cosmetic Dentistry. She has over 20 years of extensive clinical experience in Canada, US and the UAE.
After graduating from McGill University in Canada with honors in Physiology, she obtained her degree as a Doctor of Dental Medicine at the Faculty of Dentistry at McGill University. In 2005 she pursued an advanced post-doctoral degree and training at the University of Maryland's Advanced General Dentistry Clinic in Baltimore, USA.
Dr. Zara was the sole recipient of the Canadian Dental Association President's award of McGill University in 2004. She takes pride in providing the most conservative, beneficial and best health care treatment options to her patients. She understands some patients may feel stress or anxiety prior to any treatment, and her calm attitude combined with her knowledge and experience ensures all her patients have an enjoyable dental experience.
Dr. Zara has worked all over the world treating a diverse array of patients from different ages and ethnicities. Her professional career started in Montreal, Canada in 1996, where she worked as a Dental Surgeon Assistant. She then advanced to the US, where she worked at The University of Maryland's Dental Clinic, where she handled treatment of patients involving multidisciplinary needs, as well as medically compromised patients. In 2006, she relocated to Dubai, where she worked as a General, Family and Cosmetic Dentist with various reputable healthcare establishments before joining Mediclinic Dubai Mall.
Dr. Zara has extensive experience in treating patients of all ages and can care for the whole family by providing a wide range of dental services including cosmetic dental procedures. She regularly attends worldwide dental meetings, conferences and workshops and constantly develops her skills and knowledge. She is a member of many prestigious International Dental Associations.
- BSc (Canada)
- DMD (Canada)
- AGD (USA)