- Intensive Diabetes Management, including Insulin Pump Therapy and Continuous Glucose Sensors (Glucose Monitoring) in both Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Obesity, metabolic disorders, effects of bariatric surgery on the endocrine system, nutrition, lipid disorders, diet and exercise counseling
- Thyroid dysfunction, autoimmune polyglandular syndromes, thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer
- Disorders of calcium metabolism, parathyroid disorders
- Pituitary and adrenal disorders
- Endocrine hypertension, resistant hypertension
- Reproductive endocrinology (polycystic ovary syndrome, primary ovarian insufficiency, ovarian failure, amenorrhea, hirsutism), male and female hypogonadism
- Endocrine conditions in pregnancy
- Metabolic bone diseases (osteopenia and osteoporosis), vitamin D and calcium metabolism
- Hypoglycemic disorders and neuroendocrine tumors
- Dr. Rabia is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and in the ABIM subspecialty of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. She has over eight years of experience in the field of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology. She received her medical degree from the University Hassan II in Casablanca, Morocco. She then specialised in internal medicine and continued her sub-specialisation in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at Howard University Hospital, Washington DC in 2008. She was appointed as Assistant Professor in 2010 at Howard University Hospital.
- Dr. Rabia enjoys evaluating and treating a wide variety of problems within the field of endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism. She believes that successful treatment of an illness requires a holistic approach that involves an assessment of diet, exercise and lifestyle. She considers both nutrition and fitness crucial for the maintenance of healthfulness and the management of diseases of the endocrine system.
- Dr. Rabia has received numerous awards throughout her career, including the Outstanding First Year Postgraduate Trainee Award, the Resident Patient Care Award, and the Outstanding Resident of the Year Award. In 2008, she was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha (A&Omega A) Honor Medical Society. She is a member of the Endocrine Society, the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, and the American Medical Association.
- Dr. Rabia has authored and co-authored numerous articles on the subject of diabetes, obesity, endothelial dysfunction and coronary vascular disease.