Valentina Giaccaglia Dr.
- General Surgery
- English, Italian
- Rectal prolapse
- Chronic constipation
- Obstructed defecation syndrome
- Anal fissure
- Anal fistula
- Peri-anal abscess
- Rectal bleeding
- Chronic pelvic and anal pain
- Pelvic dyssynergia
- Pilonidal sinus
- Colorectal cancer screening and prevention
- Dr. Giaccaglia is a Board certified general surgeon, with particular interest in colorectal surgery, proctology and pelvic floor diseases, focusing on minimally invasive techniques such as STARR (Stapled TransAnal Rectal Resection), VAAFT (Video Assisted Anal Fistula Treatment) and EPSiT (Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment). She is also proficient in many other general surgery procedures such as breast surgery, thyroid surgery, hernia surgery, colon surgery, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, laparoscopic incisional hernia repair, laparoscopic appendectomy.
- She graduated from the 'Sapienza' University of Rome, Italy where she also completed her residency in General Surgery and her PhD in Surgical Oncology, passing all with high honours and distinction. She joins Mediclinic from the Pelvic Care Center at Casa di Cura Madonna delle Grazie, Rome, Italy where her patient satisfaction scores have ranked her as one of the 10 best surgeons in Rome.
- MD, phD
- Italian Board certified in General Surgery
Associate Fellow of American College of Surgeons (ACS)
Administrator of UAE Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (ACSUAE).
Adjunct Associate Professor of General Surgery at MBRU