Arezu Zara Akhavan Dr. (ID*)
Complete smile makeovers and Hollywood smile ,Porcelain Veneers, All Ceramic and Zirconium Crowns, Laminates and Porcelain Fillings ,Teeth whitening ,Full mouth rehabilitation ,Advanced crown and bridge treatment ,Preventative dentistry, sealants and fluoride for Paediatric patients ,Hygiene therapy, scaling, polishing and stain removal ,Tooth coloured composite fillings and metal-free restorations, inlays and onlays ,Mouthguards ,Treatment of emergencies and non-surgical dental extractions ,Oral cancer screening ,Treatment of halitosis (bad breath) ,Replacement of teeth with fixed or removable prosthesis ,Full and partial dentures ,Sports dentistry
- Dr. Zara Akhavan is a Canadian qualified General Dentist and an expert in all areas of Dentistry, in particular, Cosmetic Dentistry. She has over 10 years of extensive clinical experience in Canada, US and the UAE.
- After graduating from McGill University in Canada with honors in Physiology, she obtained her degree as a Doctor of Dental Medicine at the Faculty of Dentistry at McGill University. In 2005 she pursued an advanced post-doctoral degree and training at the University of Maryland's Advanced General Dentistry Clinic in Baltimore, USA.
- Dr. Zara was the sole recipient of the Canadian Dental Association President's award of McGill University in 2004. She takes pride in providing the most conservative, beneficial and best health care treatment options to her patients. She understands some patients may feel stress or anxiety prior to any treatment, and her calm attitude combined with her knowledge and experience ensures all her patients have an enjoyable dental experience.
- Dr. Zara has worked all over the world treating a diverse array of patients from different ages and ethnicities. Her professional career started in Montreal, Canada in 1996, where she worked as a Dental Surgeon Assistant. She then advanced to the US, where she worked at The University of Maryland's Dental Clinic, where she handled treatment of patients involving multidisciplinary needs, as well as medically compromised patients. In 2006, she relocated to Dubai, where she worked as a General, Family and Cosmetic Dentist with various reputable healthcare establishments before joining Mediclinic Dubai Mall.
- Dr. Zara has extensive experience in treating patients of all ages and can care for the whole family by providing a wide range of dental services including cosmetic dental procedures. She regularly attends worldwide dental meetings, conferences and workshops and constantly develops her skills and knowledge. She is a member of many prestigious International Dental Associations.
- *Independent Doctors(ID): Defined as individuals not employed by Mediclinic Middle East who are granted the privilege to treat patient at MCME facilities, in either inpatient or outpatient settings, as applicable.
- BSc (Canada)
- DMD (Canada)
- AGD (USA)