Mohamed Ellaithy Prof. Dr.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- English, Arabic
- Starting from before pregnancy, i.e. preconception care.
- Antenatal care and management of early pregnancy problems including miscarriage, recurrent miscarriages, ectopic and molar pregnancy.
- Prenatal genetic counseling, screening and diagnosis including diagnosis of Down syndrome and fetal anomalies.
- Management of antenatal complications and high-risk pregnancy.
- Management of medical and surgical illness complicating pregnancy.
- Assessment of fetal wellbeing.
- Management of delivery and intrapartum complications.
- Management of complicated labor including malposition, malpresentation, cord prolapse, prolonged labor, obstructed labor and dystocia.
- Postpartum care including breastfeeding & postpartum contraception.
- Obstetric procedures including:
- High and low risk vaginal deliveries.
- Painless vaginal delivery.
- Vaginal birth after cesarean section.
- Induction of labor and pre-induction cervical ripening.
- Operative vaginal delivery.
- Management of intrapartum injuries to the birth canal.
- High and low risk cesarean sections.
- Medical and surgical management of major obstetric hemorrhage (i.e. uterine compressing sutures, uterine and pelvic devascularization, uterine tamponade, packing, and peripartum hysterectomy).
- Expectant, medical and surgical management of miscarriage.
- Medical and surgical management of ectopic pregnancy.
- Cervical cerclage.
- Other obstetric maneuvers including external cephalic version and internal podalic version.
- Gynaecological care including management of abnormal genital bleeding, vaginal discharge, and pelvic pains.
- Management of sexual and reproductive health problems.
- Management of endometriosis and adenomyosis.
- Management of breast disorders.
- Diagnosis and treatment of gynecological, pelvic and sexually transmitted infections.
- Adolescent gynaecology, including management of puberty disorders, menstruation abnormalities and dysmenorrhea.
- Reproductive endocrinology, including management of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), amenorrhea, hirsutism, hyperandrogenism and galactorrhea.
- Care of women after menopause and management of menopausal disorders.
- Urogynaecology including management of urinary incontinence, pelvic relaxation and urinary and defecatory dysfunction.
- Female contraception (Intrauterine contraception and contraceptive implant) and female sterilisation.
- Management of infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss including assisted reproductive techniques.
- Gynaecological oncology including colposcopy and management of benign, premalignant and malignant gynecological conditions.
- Operative gynaecological procedures and minimally invasive gynaecological surgeries including:
- Laparoscopic surgeries including: management of infertility (PCOD, endometriosis, chromopertubation, etc.), laparoscopic management of ectopic pregnancy, laparoscopic management of ovarian cysts, laparoscopic management of extrauterine contraceptive device, laparoscopic management of chronic pelvic pain, laparoscopic management of endometriosis, laparoscopic management of adnexal torsion, myomectomy, laparoscopic hysterectomy, and laparoscopic sterilization.
- Hysteroscopic surgeries including: hysteroscopic management of abnormal bleeding (endometrial biopsy, resectoscopic and non-resectoscopic endometrial ablation, hysteroscopic endometrial polypectomy, myomectomy), hysteroscopic myomectomy of submucosal fibroids, hysteroscopic removal of uterine polyps, hysteroscopic management of uterine septum, hysteroscopic management of intrauterine adhesions, and hysteroscopic contraceptive device extraction.
- Vaginal, laparoscopic and abdominal hysterectomies.
- Mid-urethral sings for treatment of female stress urinary incontinence.
- Reconstructive pelvic surgeries for vaginal relaxation, genital prolapse and stress urinary incontinence.
- Ovarian cystectomy, surgeries for ectopic pregnancy.
- Vaginal rejuvenation and cosmetic gynecology.
- Endometrial sampling procedures.
- Insertion/removal of intrauterine contraception and subcutaneous contraceptive implants.
- Colposcopy and management of premalignant lesions of the cervix.
- Reproductive surgeries for female infertility.
- Prof. Dr. Ellaithy has been practicing Obstetrics and Gynecology for more than 20 years in Egypt, Saudi Arabia and UAE. He has been affiliated with Ain Shams University Maternity Hospital, the largest university maternity hospital in Cairo, since 2000 and he now holds the title of clinical professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. He has 35 International publications with 300 citations in Google Scholar.
He worked in Saudi Arabia from 2010 to 2018 Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist and Saudi Board training programme director at King Faisal Maternity Hospital, the largest tertiary care hospital in southern Saudi Arabia. Prior to joining Mediclinic he worked at another hospital in Alsalama Hospital, Abu Dhabi as Head of Department
He is licensed with the Department of Health - Abu Dhabi (DOH), Dubai Health Authority (DHA), Ministry of Health – UAE (MOH-UAE), Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCFHS), and Egyptian Medical Syndicate (EMS).
He is a member of the European Society for Gynecological Endoscopy (Belgium), International Society for Gynecologic Endoscopy (Italy), International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology, and Emirates Medical Association (EMA).
Prof. Dr. Ellaithy has excellent medical and surgical clinical expertise in most of the fields of obstetrics, gynaecology and infertility. He has a special interest in managing high-risk pregnancies and deliveries and performing major as well as minimally invasive gynaecological surgical procedures using vaginal, laparoscopic and hysteroscopic approaches.
- • Medical doctorate, Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees from Ain Shams Faculty of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt.
• Minimal Invasive Gynecological Surgeon Certificate and Diploma from European Academy of Gynecological surgery (GESEA) and European Society of Gynecological Endoscopy (ESGE), Brussel, Belgium.
• Bachelor in Endoscopy Certificate and Diploma from European Academy of Gynecological surgery (GESEA) and European Society of Gynecological Endoscopy (ESGE), Brussel, Belgium.
• Endoscopy Diploma, International Centre for Endoscopic Surgery (CICE), Clermont Ferrand, France.
• Masters certification in Reproductive Medicine & in-vitro fertilisation, Homerton University Hospital, London, UK.
• Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certificate, Chicago, USA.
Mediclinic Al Noor Hospital
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynecologist (High Risk Obstetrics & Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery)
In department Obstetrician and Gynaecologist