Ahmad Khalifa Dr.
- Gastroenterology / Hepatology
- English, Arabic
- Heartburn, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and indigestion
- Chronic bloating and abdominal pain
- Constipation and gas
- Peptic ulcer disease and gallbladder diseases
- Fatty liver and other liver diseases
- Trouble swallowing and other oesophageal motility disorders
- Haemorrhoids, anal pain and incontinence
- Weight management
- Colon polyps and colon cancer surveillance
- Inflammatory bowel disease including Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Chronic diarrhoea and malnutrition
- Dr. Khalifa obtained his medical degree from the University of Aleppo, Syria, and conducted his Gastroenterology training at Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. He undertook his residency and internship at New York Medical College and the University of Maryland and has been certified as a member of the American Board of Gastroenterology since 2002.
- Dr. Khalifa has held several leadership positions during his career including Assistant Professor of Gastroenterology and Hepatology and Director of Motility at The University of Arkansas, a Director on the board at Digestive Health Associates of Texas in Dallas, and Chief of the Quality Assurance Committee. He joined Mediclinic City Hospital from Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi where he was Chief of the Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department, having led the team from the hospital's opening.