Katalin Kalmar Dr. (ID*)
- General Surgery
- English, Hungarian, German (basic), Farsi (basic)
Minor anal conditions:
- Haemorrhoids, fissures, fistulae
- Colorectal surgery including IBD and colorectal cancer
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Female perineum, early and late sphincter reconstruction, rectocele
- Constipation, obstructed defecation, faecal incontinence
- Obstetric injury, recto-vaginal fistula repair
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, laparoscopic reflux surgery
- Hernia repair, laparoscopic repair of inguino-femoral hernias
- Dr. Katalin Kalmar is a specialist general and colorectal surgeon at Mediclinic Dubai Mall.
- She is a European board certified Coloproctologist by the European Board of Surgical Qualifications and a Hungarian board certified general surgeon and surgical gastroenterologist. She trained in colorectal surgery at the prestigious St Mark's Hospital and Academic Institute in London.
- She graduated from the University of Pecs in Hungary. She completed her surgical residency training at the Department of Surgery, University of Pecs and at Lanarkshire NHS Trust Hospitals in Scotland, UK.
- She is an Associate Professor at the University of Pecs in Hungary and holds a PhD degree on surgery of the stomach and the Dr. Habil degree on adopting new diagnostic and treatment strategies and techniques in functional and laparoscopic colorectal surgery.
- She has recently moved to Dubai from Europe with her husband who is a plastic surgeon. Together they perform special reconstructive procedures of the breast and in the female perineal area.
- *Independent Doctors(ID): Defined as individuals not employed by Mediclinic Middle East who are granted the privilege to treat patient at MCME facilities, in either inpatient or outpatient settings, as applicable.
- MD PhD EBSQ (Coloproctology)