Valentina Verderio Dr.
- English, Italian
- Dr. Valentina Verderio obtained her Master degree in Clinical Psychology at the University of Padua, Italy and her dostgraduate Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology (PsyD) at the Institute of Clinical Psychology in Milan, Italy.
With over 10 years of experience she has been working as a clinical psychologist in private clinics, and public and private hospitals in Italy, treating patients with mental health disorders. She provides comprehensive therapy to patients of all ages suffering from a variety of disorders and psychological conditions (mental, emotional and behavioural disorders). She specialises in using psychodynamic and cognitive behavioural approaches, and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) therapy. She also has extensive experience as a neuropsychologist with adolescents, adults and the elderly with cognitive impairment. Her main focus is the evaluation, diagnosis and rehabilitation of patients with cognitive deficits arising as a result of brain damage of various etiology.
As a professional expert in the study of Clinical Psychology, Dr. Valentina Verderio has a great experience with a wide range of mental health disorders including
• Eating disorders (anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder)
• Anxiety disorder (generalized anxiety disorder, panic attack, phobias, OCD, OCB)
• Mood disorders (major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, post pregnant disorder)
• Personality disorders
• Psychosomatic disorders
• Adaptive disorders
• Adjustment disorders
• Dissociative disorders
• Impulsive control disorders
• Post-traumatic stress disorders
• Sexual-related disorders
• Problem related to abuse or neglect
• Relationship/relational difficulties
• Psycho-oncology support
• Chronic illnesses
• Behavioural disorders
• Evaluation and psychological support of patients undergoing bariatric surgery (pre- and post-surgery).
As a professional expert in the study of Neuropsychology, Dr. Valentina Verderio has a considerable experience with cognitive disorders including:
• Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
• Mental delay
• Post stroke (ischemic/haemorrhagic) disorders and other cerebrovascular disorders
• Multiple sclerosis
• Cognitive sequelae of traumatic brain injury
• Parkinson’s disease
• Management of chronic pain
• Treatment of chronic headaches
- Master degree in Clinical Psychology , PsyD