Surgical management of breast cancer,
- Open and laparoscopic procedures including breast lumps (benign and malignant).
- Thyroid enlargement
- Lymph node excision
- Perianal pathologies (hemorrhoids, fissures,
- Open and laparoscopic hernia repair (inguinal, umbilical, incisional, ventral),
- Open and laparoscopic small bowel and colonic resections (benign and malignant),
- laparoscopic appendicectomy for appendicitis, - laparoscopic cholecystectomy for gall stone disease
- Dr. Maharra Hussain completed her bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Mumbai. She earned her postgraduate qualification in General Surgery through the Diplomate of the National Board, India and has Fellowships in Gastrointestinal, Hepato Pancreatico Biliary and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery. She is also an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor in Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medical Sciences, Dubai.
Prior to joining Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, Dr. Maharra was attached as a consultant gastrointestinal, laparoscopic and general surgeon in Breach Candy Hospital and Bhatia Hospital in Mumbai. She has several publications in indexed national and international medical journals and text books.
Dr. Maharra specialises in the surgical management of breast cancer. She also performs open and laparoscopic procedures for general surgical disorders, lymph node excisions, perianal pathologies (haemorrhoids, fissures, fistula) and skin, subcutaneous and musculoskeletal masses such as sebaceous cysts, lipomas, hidra adenitis suppuritiva, pilonidal sinuses with abscesses and desmoid tumours .
- DNB (General Surgery)
Mediclinic Welcare Hospital
Specialist General Surgeon
In department General Surgery