- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- English, Tagalog
- Post breast surgery care (including measurement and fitting of post-mastectomy bras/prostheses)
- Rehabilitation during chemotherapy
- Rehabilitation post radiation therapy
- Cancer-related lymphoedema (breast, cervical, uterine, ovarian, prostate, melanoma)
- Primary lymphoedema
- Secondary lymphoedema (oedema caused by trauma, chronic venous insufficiency, renal/nutritional disorders, skin infection such as cellulitis/erysipelas, paralysis and obesity)
- Severe oedema post-surgery ( joint replacement, abdominoplasty, liposuction)
- Palliative complete decongestive therapy
- Maria received her BSc in Physical Therapy from Velez College, Cebu, Philippino in 2001. She began her career in a private hospital in Dubai which specialises in spinal surgeries where she worked with inpatients post spinal surgery as well as with patients with neurological problems.
- She joined Mediclinic in 2009 as part of the inpatient team and worked with neurology, orthopaedics and maternity patients. In 2012 she was mentored in lymphoedema management and decided to pursue specialisation in this field. In 2015, she obtained her Lymphoedema Certification through Foldi Clinic and Klose Training in Hinterzarten, Baden-Württemberg, Germany. A year later, she returned to Foldi Clinic and completed an advanced and review course in Manual Lymph Drainage and Complete Decongestive Therapy.
- Since then, Maria has dedicated her practice in the evaluation and comprehensive treatment of adult and paediatric patients with various disorders of the venous and lymphatic system. Maria's special interest is in the field of Oncology Rehabilitation and she has extensive experience in the treatment of breast cancer patients and patients with cancer-related lymphoedema.
- BSc (Physical Therapy)
- Certified lymphoedema therapist