- Thyroid surgery
- Breast surgery
- Vein and varicose veins
- Endo vascular angioplasty for peripheral arterial disease
- Port cath for chemotherapy
- Fistulas for renal dialysis
- All open vascular surgery procedures
- Dr Ammar joined Mediclinic in 2002, prior to which he trained and worked in general and vascular surgery at major teaching hospitals in Syria. He has wide experience in thyroid surgery, providing full management for thyroid–guided biopsy and small incision surgery with large volumes of more than 100 thyroidectomies per year with excellent results. He also performs guided biopsy of the breast using new breast-saving techniques. He undertakes management of vein diseases using techniques such as ablation by laser or radiofrequency, and all types of foam and sclerotherapy. He also undertakes all endovascular peripheral angioplasty procedures including carotid, aorta, iliac arteries and lower limb arteries and diabetic foot management, in addition to open surgery procedures and port cath insertion for chemotherapy and fistula creation for chronic renal dialysis.