Conditions treated by the Orthopaedics department at Mediclinic Al Noor Hospital include:
- Bone diseases
- Wide range of fractures to the bones including conservative or fixation of these fractures with various devices
- Muscle and the skeletal system abnormalities in the upper and also the lower limbs, neck and the back
- Muscle injuries including sports injuries
- Diseases of the knees, hips, shoulders, feet and ankles
- Paediatric orthopaedic problems including fractures and other abnormalities
Walk-in patients can be accommodated and the department accepts referrals for trauma patients and from the Emergency department. All plastering, casting and minor suturing can be done within the department, with more serious cases transferred to the operating theatre.