Mediclinic Al Noor Hospital’s Family Medicine physicians can be the first contact for patients of all ages. They offer a broad range of services including diagnostic services for adults and children, general examinations or wellness checks and management of minor illnesses and chronic diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, raised cholesterol etc.
They are knowledgeable in a wide range of conditions and will be able to appropriately refer to a specialist if necessary. The benefit of seeing a Family Medicine doctor, is that that they can undertake the primary evaluation of your condition. In many cases they’ll also be able to completely manage your condition, requesting only the necessary investigations. A primary care doctor can also liaise with different specialists in order to monitor your overall wellbeing. If need be, you can be referred appropriately for additional services and consultations.
Your Family Medicine physician can provide:
- General consultations and visits for sick adults and children
- Management of chronic health conditions
- Wellness checks including female health reviews (if booked with our female primary care doctors)
- Vaccination visits for travel and routine vaccine updates for adults and children
- Management of minor illnesses e.g. coughs and colds
- Evaluation of any medical concerns in order to refer to the appropriate specialist.
- Evaluation of anxiety and depression symptoms and appropriate treatment or referral