Mediclinic Welcare Hospital’s Cardiac Catheterisation (Cath) Lab provides patients with state-of-the-art equipment and care with a highly skilled team, available 24/7 for rapid door-to-treatment time for a better chance of surviving a heart attack.
The spacious lab is part of the purpose built 10 bed day care unit, situated in the proximity of the ICU. The ceiling mounted unit provides the minimal radiation dose, versatile and safe cardiac examination and a next generation flat detector that increases image contrast, while reducing noise.
Additional unit features include StentBoost Subtract that automatically detects the in-procedure image wise sent delivery; and the Dynamic Coronary Roadmap to provide automatic, and seamless real-time navigational guidance designed for procedure efficiency in complex PCI interventions.
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary angioplasty
- Intra-Aortic balloon pump
- Coronary embolectomy/ thrombectomy
- Valve assessment
- Pacemaker and other rhythm device insertion
- Peripheral angiography and thrombolysis
- Peripheral angioplasty
- Endovascular aneurysm repairs
- Dr Ravi Sundaram MD, FNB, Dip. NB - Specialist Interventional Cardiologist
- Dr Abdalla Al Hajiri, MRCPI, MRCP (UK) MSc (Cardio), CCST (Cardio) - Consultant Cardiologist & Interventionalist
- Dr Ibrahim Riza, FRCS (General and Vascular Surgery), CCST - Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon
Unit Manager: Beena Shibu | firstname.lastname@example.org | M 050 452 6217
Cath Lab Nursing: Sinol Jose | email@example.com | T 04 213 7456
Cath Lab Technologist: Basil John | firstname.lastname@example.org | M 052 428 0985
Insurance Office: email@example.com | T 04 213 7623/ 04 2137625 | M 050 550 3226 (after hours)
Case Booking Coordinator: Jibu Mani | firstname.lastname@example.org |T 04 213 7680
Emergency Department: T 04 282 9900
Duty Manager: M 050 656 9264