- Hand Surgery - elective and trauma
- Hidradenitis suppurativa - excision, reconstruction and deroofing
- Microsurgery - nerves and blood vessels
- Cosmetic breast and body surgery - implants, reduction, lift and 'tummy tuck'
- Skin cancer and benign skin lesions
- General reconstructive surgery - acute and chronic wounds, scars
- Dr. Michael Schenker graduated from Medical School in his native Germany and then trained as a surgeon in the United Kingdom. He completed his Plastic Surgery training with a Hand Fellowship in Leeds and was Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Newcastle University Hospitals 2006-13. His research interest was in peripheral nerve injury and hand function, publishing in peer-reviewed journals. Whilst he offered a service for Hand Surgery, Trauma, and Skin Cancer in the NHS, he practiced Cosmetic Breast and Body Contouring at the private Spire Hospital Group, in which Mediclinic holds a major share.
Dr Michael moved to the UAE in 2013, working first at Mafraq Hospital, then at Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, where he was Head of Plastic Surgery until December 2020. At SKMC, he established a microsurgical service and developed a comprehensive surgical approach to Hidradenitis Suppurativa, a common skin disease in the Middle East.
In his third career stage at Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital, Dr Michael aims to build Plastic Surgery in cooperation with other Surgical Specialties and Dermatology. His vision is a service, where patients can make informed choices between established traditional and most modern treatments, minor and major surgery, to improve the function and appearance of their body.
- MSc FRCS FRCS(Plast)
- Medical affiliations, memberships
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
Member of the British Association of Plastic
Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)