At Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital, we aim to be the first-choice for patients seeking international standard orthopaedic treatment, rehabilitation and disability services.
In our newly created divisions of Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery we offer direct specialist access for our patients.
In accornace with the local law, we must refer all acute trauma and accident cases after initial primary care to government hospitals. We do, however, treat secondary or tertiary cases after referral to us such as fractures, sports injuries or home Accidents. Elective orthopaedic operations including fracture management, joint replacement, ligament reconstruction, foot and ankle surgeries are offered directly.
We provide care for patients with bone, joint, muscle and associated musculo-skeletal injuries, from diagnosis through to surgery and other treatment modalities including rehabilitation.
The services offered in Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital include:
- Treatment of a wide range of fractures to the bones including conservative or operative fixation of these fractures
- Management of muscular and skeletal system abnormalities in upper and lower limbs:
- Muscle injuries including sports injuries
- Diseases of the knees, hips, shoulders, feet and ankles
- Paediatric orthopaedic problems including fractures and other abnormalities
- Knee and hip joint replacement surgery, including primary and revision
- Arthroscopic surgery for knee, shoulder soon elbow and ankle joints
- Sports medicine and sports injuries management Including ligament reconstructions for knee, shoulder, and soon elbow and ankle joints (ACL/MPFL reconstruction or Tight-rope augmentation for knee and shoulder joint)
- Foot and ankle surgery including corrective surgeries for different foot and toe deformities especially the Hallux Valgus surgery with unique early weight bearing techniques
- Paediatric and adult trauma management including manipulations, open reduction and internal fixation using alternative metal work
- Joint arthritis management including assessment, cartilage care prevention and joint injections with full with of spectrum (Joint Fluid, PRP, Homeopathics, Micobiologic treatments)
Mediclinic Airport Road has highly experienced senior orthopaedic surgeons which sub-specialize in particular areas to ensure patients have access to the best possible levels of expertise.
The Department has several resident consultant and specialist orthopedic surgeons who work with a dedicated multidisciplinary team of occupational therapists, nursing staff, physiotherapists and orthotics practitioners to manage a wide variety of joint disorders both surgically and non-surgically.
Outpatient services: Saturday – Thursday: 7:30am – 22:30 (10:30pm)
Emergency and trauma service: 24 hours a day through Accident & Emergency