Adam N. Mather Dr.
- English, Malayalam, French (basic)
- Coronary intervention (for diagnosis and treatment of angina)
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiac MRI
- General cardiology (chest pain, breathlessness, palpitations, dizziness, blackouts)
- Hypertension (including Renal Artery Sympathetic Denervation)
- Heart failure
- Valvular heart disease (experience in Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation- TAVI)
- Dr. Mather trained at universities in Newcastle and Leeds in the UK. He completed the UK training programme in cardiology (CCT 2011) and sub-specialised in coronary intervention. He was an interventional cardiology fellow at the world-renowned Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, which is the UK's largest centre in interventional cardiology and a leading centre for cardiac transplantation. Prior to joining Mediclinic Middle East, he was a consultant interventional cardiologist at the East Yorkshire Cardiothoracic Centre, Hull, UK, for nearly five years. He is fully competent in all aspects of inpatient and outpatient general cardiology, as well as coronary intervention procedures, cardiac CT and cardiac MRI.
- Dr. Mather has a keen interest in medical education and was an Honorary Senior Lecturer in Cardiology at the Hull York Medical School, UK.
- He has completed several research projects and participated in many clinical trials. His main research interest is the pathophysiology of myocardial infarction ('heart attack') as determined by cardiac magnetic resonance. He has published many original research articles and is an international key opinion leader in this field.
- BMedSci (Hons)
- MBBS (Distinction)
- MRCP (London)
Mediclinic City Hospital
Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
In department Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology