- Tracking, assessment and management of arrhythmias, undiagnosed heart palpitations, tachycardias, bradycardias and loss of consciousness (syncope)
- Diagnosis and management of hereditary arrhythmic syndromes (e.g. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Brugada Syndrome, Long-QT Syndome, and others)
- Follow-up of all types of cardiac rhythm devices (pacemakers, defibrillators, cardiac resynchronisation therapy, Implantable Loop Recorder)
- Implantation of all types of cardiac devices such as pacemakers and defibrillators, pacing of physiologic conduction system (LBB-P, LVS-P), Implantable Loop Recorder
- Ablation of all types of supraventricular and ventricular arrhythmias (atrial and ventricular tachycardias, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, atrial and ventricular extrasystoles, etc) with 3D Navigation System - Near Zero fluoroscopy (x-rays)
- Treatment of Refractory Vasovagal Syncope (Cardioneuroablation)
- Tilt Table Test
- Dr. Augusto Ordonez Espana MD, PhD is an experienced Consultant Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiologist at the Electrophysiology Service in Mediclinic City Hospital in Dubai Health Care City and is involved in educating future physicians at Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences.
He earned his medical degree and completed his residency training in Internal Medicine at the University of Cauca, Faculty of Health Sciences in Colombia. He did his Fellowship training in Cardiology at the Pontifical Bolivarian University in Colombia followed by a Fellowship in Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology at the Electrophysiology Service in the Clinic Hospital, University of Barcelona and at the Pediatric Electrophysiology Service in San Joan de Deu Hospital, University of Barcelona in Spain.
He has authored many peer-reviewed abstracts and publications in international peer-reviewed journals including Journal American College of Cardiology (JACC), European Heart Journal, Europace, Heart Rhythm Journal, Journal Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology, Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology (PACE) and Heart.
Dr. Augusto Ordonez is a member of the Spanish Society of Cardiology, European Society of Cardiology, and the European Heart Rhythm Association.
He has more than 20 years of experience and has performed more than 2000 heart rhythm and cardiac devices procedures and specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias, loss of consciousness and performs multiples procedures including catheter ablation and cardiac rhythm device implantation and management.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, MB