- Pregnancy care antenatal delivery and postnatal
- Management of high risk pregnancy
- Natural birth and water birth with protection of pelvic floor and perineum
- Advanced gynaecology laparoscopic procedures
- Pelvic floor reconstruction
- Consultant obstetrician and Gynecologist
- Minimally invasive gynaecology surgery, Urogynaecology and Aesthetic Gynaecology
- Dr. Maryam Pezeshki is an experienced consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist with special interest in high risk pregnancy and child birth, minimal access and laparoscopic surgeries, urogynaecology and pelvic floor reconstruction for more than 28 years . She has worked in the United Kingdom both in the NHS and private sectors and has held senior Consultant OB/GYN positions. Dr Pezeshki was trained in OB/GYN in Oxford, UK where she also undertook advanced training in advanced labor ward, management and minimal access (keyhole) surgeries and urogynaecology.
She was appointed as Consultant Obstetrics and Gynaecology in Oxford where she worked in high risk pregnancy unit, managing high risk pregnant women referring to this tertiary center and subsequently in Milton Keynes University Hospital where she was lead consultant for Urogynaecology.
She is a highly competent in management of pregnancy and childbirth and has vast experience in management of obstetrics patients. She has held senior positions in busy obstetrics units including Milton Keynes University Hospital and high risk maternal medicine Silver Star unit in Oxford. She is a highly competent senior consultant in Obstetrics who is able to passionately care for all pregnancies during their antenatal period and deliveries, including multiple pregnancies high risk patients and difficult labor as well as water birth and natural childbirth with protecting the perineum and pelvic floor.
Dr. Maryam Pezeshki is an expert in laparoscopic surgeries. She has performed more than 5000 laparoscopic and open procedures such as: Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH) Total laparoscopic hysterectomy (TLH) Laparoscopic treatment of severe endometriosis Laparoscopic myomectomy Laparoscopic salpingectomy for ectopic pregnancy and hydro salpinx Laparoscopic ovarian cystectomy Vaginal hysterectomy.
Additionally, Dr. Pezeshki is highly specialized in treating pelvic floor conditions such as uterus, bladder and bowel prolapse, urinary incontinence and overactive bladder and performs complex pelvic floor procedures by using the most advanced and up to date knowledge and technology such as: Sacrocolpopexy, Sacrohysteropexy and sacrospinous fixation.
She is managing female urinary incontinence by appropriate investigation such as urodynamic study test and works in a multidisciplinary Pelvic Floor Team to offer the best management for women suffering from urinary and fecal incontinence and Pelvic organ prolapse. She can offer procedures such as laparoscopic Burch colposuspension, Sub-urethral sling (TVT) procedure and injection of Bulking agent for urinary incontinence, as well as Botox injection into bladder for over active bladder.
She is an expert in Pelvic floor reconstructive procedures she offers include, Anterior and posterior Colporrhaphy, vaginal hysterectomy and vaginal colpoclesis, Manchester repair. She is performing these procedures frequently as part of her weekly routine work with fascinating outcomes and minimal recurrence rate.
She is trained to manage urinary and fecal fistula repair.
Dr. Pezeshki is a member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, British Society of Urogynaecology and British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology. She has post Graduate degree in clinical Medical Education from Oxford Brookes University and has been acting as associate professor with the university. She has lectured OBGYN courses routinely for Buckingham School of Medicine and has been training supervisor for medical students and doctors in training for many years. She has lead several research activities including the SIMS multicenter trial research in 2017 and first price for her publication in international OBGYN journal in 2004.
- FRCOG, MRCOD, MD MBBS, Advanced training in obstetrics, Advanced training in Urogynaecology and pelvic floor reconstruction, Advanced training in Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy surgery
- Fellowship of Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynecologist, Member of British Society of urogynecology , Membership of British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical pathology