- Providing complex symptom control (such as pain, nausea, breathlessness, fatigue) from advanced cancer and other chronic life-limiting illnesses
- Identifying priorities or concerns for the individual with a life-limiting condition and their carers through open and honest communication to promote patient and family involvement in decision-making about future
- Develop an individualised and coherent plan of care to assist the person and the family to attain realistic goals and outcomes in all care settings
- Providing empathetic care to individuals with life-limiting serious conditions and their families, with clear regard to the individuality of each person
- Advanced care planning
- End of life care
- Dr. Safi obtained his medical degree in 2002 from Pakistan and completed fellowship training in General Medicine in 2009 from College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan. He has worked in the UAE since 2009 and gained extensive experience in management of Internal Medicine and inpatient care with emphasis on complex geriatric and oncology patients. He became a member of the Royal College of Physicians in 2016. He holds specialist license from the DHA and DHCC. He also completed postgraduate certificate in Palliative Care Medicine from Khyber Medical University. He holds special interest in palliative care medicine and develops customised treatment plans to address symptoms and provide support in the context of advanced life-limiting illnesses. He is also adjunct lecturer of Medicine at Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- MBBS (Pak), FCPS (Pak), MRCP (UK), Postgraduate Certificate in Palliative Medicine