- Kidney stone disease
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate)
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Urinary incontinence
- Blood in the urine (haematuria)
- South African
- Dr. Dhanjee qualified as a medical doctor in 1992 at the University of Witswatersrand in Johannesburg, and thereafter as a specialist urologist (cum laude) for which he received the illustrious Lionel B. Goldschmidt award. While completing his Master’s degree in Urology, he received the prestigious Van Blerk Medal for Outstanding Research Paper. Further laparoscopic training was undertaken at the European Institute of Telesurgery, in association with the Louis Pasteur University in Strasbourgh, France. He is highly proficient in performing prostate brachytherapy for early prostate cancer, having done over 400 cases; and has operated on over 2000 patients with kidney stones stemming either from the kidney, ureter or bladder. He is also an accredited and experienced Da Vinci robotic surgeon, having performed robotic-assisted prostatectomies, with successful outcomes, for over seven years. He was one of the first urologists in his country to use MIMS software, which uses MRI-ultrasound fusion technology for the early detection of prostate cancer.
Dr Dhanjee ran a very successful practice for over 23 years, and was Director, and later Chairman of the Board at Mediclinic Newcastle, South Africa for over 20 years.
- MBBCh, FCS (Urol) (cum laude), MMed (Urol)
- Certifications and Professional Memberships
- European Association of Urology
South African Urological Association
Fellow of The College Of Urologists Of South Africa
South African Medical Association