How to protect yourself and your family from getting the flu this season?
The best way to avoid getting the flu is to get the flu vaccine every year.
People should ideally get vaccinated just before the influenza season begins for the most effective coverage, although getting vaccinated at any time during the influenza season can still help prevent flu infections.
How to stop it from spreading?
Influenza can spread quickly between people when an infected person coughs or sneezes, It can be also spread by hands contaminated by the virus.
Precautionary measures should be taken to limit transmission:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing
- Dispose of soiled tissue in the bin
- If you don’t have a tissue, turn your face into your elbow to cough or sneeze
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly
- The flu vaccine is updated yearly to include the main viruses causing flu each year
- The flu vaccine is considered safe; you can’t catch the flu from the vaccine because the virus has been killed before being injected
- The flu vaccine is recommended for those aged six months of age and older
- It’s normal to feel soreness, redness, tenderness, or even develop a mild fever or body aches during the two days after you get vaccinated - that’s just your immune response, not the flu itself. So there’s no reason to avoid getting the flu shot because you think it’ll make you sick
The discounted flu vaccine is available at:
- Mediclinic Dubai Mall
- Mediclinic Parkview Hospital
- Mediclinic Welcare Hospital
- Mediclinic City Hospital
To book an appointment in one of our units providing the flu vaccine please call 8001999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mediclinic Parkview hospital will be accepting flu vaccine bookings only between 3rd till 14th October
Flu vaccine with consultation AED 165