The Ophthalmology department at Mediclinic Deira is a fully-fledged eye surgical unit, with state-of-the-art equipment and an experienced team of clinical experts who carry out the following services:
- Cataract surgery: Conventional phacoemulsification with ultrasound energy and Femto assisted Phacoemulsification surgery done under topical anaesthesia, Femto cataract surgery is the latest innovation in the management of cataracts. Implants used are high quality foldable, monofocal, multifocal and Toric IOLs. Yag laser capsulotomy is used for the management of after cataract (posterior capsule opacification).
- Refractive surgeries: Femtosecond (bladeless) Lasik, Lasek /PRK, Phakic IOLs (ICL)
- Keratoconus management: Collagen cross linking (Femto assisted), scleral lenses
- Glaucoma management : Diagnosis, medical management, laser treatment and surgical management of glaucoma e.g. trabeculetomy and implants
- Cornea/conjunctival surgeries: Pterygium excision and conjunctival autograft with glue, corneal biopsy/scraping, penetrating keratoplasty
- Lacrimal sac surgeries: DCR external and laser
- Dry eye management: Medical management of dry eye, punctum plug insertion
- Medical retina: Diagnosis and treatment of conditions such as diabetic retinopathy including laser treatments and Intra Vitreal VEGF
- Trauma /oculoplasty procedures: Primary wound repairs, entropion/ectropion correction, ptosis correction etc.
Optometry services include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of refractive errors
- Contact lens fitting including scleral lenses
- Ambylopia management