Mediclinic Welcare Hospital is one of the few facilities in United Arab Emirates to have received Centre of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynaecology Surgery accreditation.
A Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynaecology Surgery (COEMIG) is a medical facility that has been recognised for its expertise in performing minimally invasive surgical procedures to treat a variety of gynaecologic conditions. These centres typically have a team of specialists who are highly skilled in performing laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgeries, which are less invasive alternatives to traditional open surgery.
Minimally invasive gynaecologic surgery (MIGS) refers to surgical procedures that are performed using small incisions. Some of the benefits of MIGS compared to traditional open surgery include:
- Smaller incisions
- Reduced blood loss
- Faster recovery times
- Less pain and discomfort
- Reduced risk of complications
With a few exceptions, MIGS can take the place of traditional open surgery for almost all gynaecological conditions. Examples of conditions that can be treated with MIGS include:
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic organ prolapses
- Urogynecological procedures
To be recognised as a centre of excellence in MIGS, a facility must meet certain criteria set by accrediting organisations such as the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL) or the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC).
These criteria include:
- Having a dedicated team of experienced surgeons who specialise in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
- Utilising the most advanced techniques and technology in minimally invasive surgery
- Having a proven track record of positive patient outcomes
- Offering a comprehensive patient care programme, including preoperative education and postoperative support
- A high volume of MIGS procedures performed annually
- A commitment to ongoing education and training for the MIGS team
- A focus on patient safety and satisfaction
- A commitment to ongoing quality improvement and outcome tracking
If you're considering minimally invasive gynaecological surgery, it's important to consult with a specialist in the field to ensure that you are receiving the best treatment option for your specific condition.
At Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, we are committed to providing this state-of-the-art approach for any patient requiring surgical intervention. That is why we have now been accredited as Centre Of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynaecology by the Surgical Review Corporation, USA.
When it comes to surgery it's important to choose a COEMIG for the best possible outcome and experience.