- South African
- Dr. Patricia Kilian is a South African qualified doctor with extensive experience in Emergency Medicine and Trauma. She is currently based at the Accident and Emergency Department at Mediclinic City Hospital. Early in her career, she was one of the senior medical officers in the Johannesburg Hospital Trauma Unit. This is the only trauma unit in Africa to be recognised by the American College of Surgeons as a level-one trauma unit. She also holds the Diploma in Anaesthetics and has spent time in Anaesthesia and ICU. Dr. Killian has a passion for aviation medicine and has been a flight doctor for Netcare 911 Aeromedical Services (Fixed Wing) and STAR Helicopter Service in South Africa, as well as, with the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust/Pacific Air Ambulance in New Zealand.
- Dr. Kilian is certified in ATLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP and Acute Medical Life Support (AMLS). She has also attended the Aviation Healthcare Providers Course and Critical Care Refresher Course. She has taken part in various research studies and has two publications to date.
- University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
- Colleges of Medicine, Johannesburg
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital (Internship)
- Ngwelezana Hospital (Community Service)
- Johannesburg Hospital (Anaesthetic Resident Time)
- MScMed (Emergency Medicine)