Abdulwahab Roman Dr.
- Expert Neurologists in the UAE | Mediclinic Middle East
- English, Arabic, German
- Epilepsy and other episodic non-epileptic disorders (like syncope and psychogenic non-epileptic attacks)
- Sleep disorders
- Multiple sclerosis and related disorders
- Headache such as migraine, tension headache and cluster headache
- Diseases of spinal cords such as spinal tumors, disk herniation and myelitis
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Diseases of peripheral nerves such as Carpal tunnel syndrome, Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) and different types of polyneuropathy (PNP)
- Brain nerve disorders like facial nerve palsy and optic neuritis
- Meningitis, Encephalitis and encephalopathy syndromes
- Movement disorders like Parkinson disease, essential tremor, dystonia and Restless syndrome
- Dementia like Alzheimer dementia and vascular dementia
- Stroke management and ultrasound diagnostics
- Dr Roman is a German-board-certified neurologist. Dr Roman worked till June 2021 as a senior consultant neurologist and deputy head of the Vogtareuth Epilepsy Center, which is one of the most famous and comprehensive epilepsy centres in Germany. He played an instrumental role there in the development of the EEG video monitoring unit and the presurgical epilepsy diagnostics programme for adults.
His expertise in this field also includes early diagnostics and treatment of all kind of encephalitis and episodic non-epileptic disorders like syncope, sleep disorders, psychogenic disorders and movement disorders (such as tics, restless leg syndrome and dystonia). Dr Roman was also the head of the multiple sclerosis program and the clinical supervisor of the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) laboratory at Schoen Hospital Groupe in Bavaria, Germany.
Dr Roman is adept at diagnosis and treatment of all types of pain disorders like headaches, backaches and peripheral pain disorders owing to his dedication and long duration of work at the certified Vogtareuth Pain Center in Germany. His clinical expertise also involves the diagnosis and management of all types of dizziness and vertigo, stroke, nerve palsies and dementia providing of the most effective and state-of- the- art therapy strategies.
Dr Roman has been awarded many prestigious certifications and qualifications in Germany in the fields of epilepsy (epileptology plus qualification, presurgical epilepsy evaluation and operative epilepsy treatment qualification), multiple sclerosis and CSF diagnostics (CSF specialist qualification), stroke management and ultrasound diagnostics (DEGUM qualification) and neurophysiology, like EEG (EEG certificate and EEG Training Authorisation).
Those qualifications are highly valued and have been awarded by the most renowned German neuroscience societies after accomplishing intense training, acquirement of profound knowledge and fulfilment of specific criteria. Having Dr Roman in our physician's team guarantees the provision of the best healthcare for our neurology patients.
- Degree of Doctorate in Human Medicine