Nahar Al Baroodi Dr.
- Endocrinology / Diabetes
- English, Arabic, Swedish
- Intensive diabetes management, including insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose sensors (glucose monitoring) in both type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- All types of thyroid disorders
- Metabolic disorders including hyperlipidemia, obesity and post bariatric surgery follow up
- Pregnancy related endocrine disorders
- Hirsutism female reproductive hormone disorders PCOS and CAH
- Male reproductive disorders, sexual dysfunction, post doping complications
- Pituitary diseases including high prolactin level and growth hormone disorders
- Adrenal disorders, including adrenal tumors and resistant hypertension, neuroendocrine disorders
- Metabolic bone diseases (osteopenia and osteoporosis), vitamin D and calcium metabolism
- Dr. Nahar is an endocrinologist with broad experience in diabetes management, and a strong advocate of evidenced-based medicine, applying the latest medical development in the diagnosis and treatment of complex endocrine conditions.
- She is board certified by the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare in Endocrinology, Diabetology and Internal Medicine. She has over ten years of experience in the field of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology. Before joining Mediclinic she worked as a consultant endocrinologist at the Gä vle Hospital as well as with one of the world's leading university hospitals in the world, the University Hospital of Uppsala, where she completed her fellowship training. She completed her medical degree from the Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic.
- She is member of multiple international endocrine societies including:
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologist (AACE)
- European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD)
- Swedish society of Endocrinology
- Swedish society of Diabetology
- Swedish society of Osteoporosis
- Swedish board of Endocrinology
- Diabetology and Internal Medicine