Waseem Aziz Dr.
- English, Arabic
- Treatment of acute and chronic back pain with minimal invasive surgical interventions
- Surgical and non-surgical management of cervical and lumbar disorders, spinal microsurgery, anterior cervical and lumbar fixation and stabilisation surgeries
- Cranial microsurgery with neuro-navigation for cerebral and cerebellar tumours, traumatology, implantation of vagus nerve stimulator, implantation of spinal cord stimulator for pain management
- Endoscopic skull base and pituitary surgery
- Dr Waseem graduated from Alexandria University, Egypt in 1998, where he then joined the department of Neurosurgery, Alexandria faculty of medicine as a resident, then was appointed to a lecturer position in 2010, teaching residents and young neurosurgeons. Dr. Waseem obtained his Masters in 2003 and MD degrees in 2010.
He received training and worked in several hospitals in Alexandria and also abroad. He had a fellowship in Keio University, Tokyo, Japan in 2005 under Professor Takeshi Kawasi, also a fellowship in Interventional Neuroradiology in Paris 2007 under Professor Jacques Moret, and a fellowship in Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, Arizona from 2008 to 2009 under Professor Robert Spetzler and Professor Cameron MacDougall. He has profound experience in cerebrovascular disorders, stroke, stroke management, neuro-endovascular treatment, and cerebro-vascular surgery. Dr Aziz spent some time working at Tawam Hospital, Al Ain, before joining Mediclinic as a consultant neurosurgeon.
He gives lectures, teaching and training to under- and postgraduates in Neurosurgery.
Dr. Aziz is a member of the Pan Arab Neurosurgical Society, the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS), the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, the Japanese Society of Neurosurgery, the Japanese Society of Neuro-endovascular Surgery and the Egyptian Society of Neurological Surgery (ESNS).
- MD, PhD