HAND AND WRIST
- Sports injuries like Jersey finger, Boutonniere deformity, etc.
- Management of tendinopathies: Trigger finger, De Quervain tenosynovitis, etc.
- Primary repair or secondary reconstruction of ligament and tendon injuries
- Hand and wrist degenerative condition: Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Hand and wrist fracture - dislocation: Phalangeal and metacarpal fractures, scaphoid fracture, etc.
- Hand and wrist secondary reconstruction: Scaphoid non-union, SLAC wrist, Tendon transfer, etc.
- Hand and wrist arthroscopy & arthroplasty
- Entrapped nerves release: Carpal Tunnel, Guyon's ulnar nerve, etc.
- Nerve injuries
- Dupuytren's Disease
- Congenital and secondary hand and wrist deformities
- Kienbock disease
- Microsurgery: Vascularized bone graft, nerve graft, etc.
ELBOW AND FOREARM
- Sport injuries like Tennis elbow, Golfer's elbow, Osteochondritis Dissecans, etc.
- Elbow arthroscopy and arthroplasty
- Elbow and forearm fracture - dislocation
- Elbow reconstruction: Malunion or non-union
- Entrapped nerves release: Cubital tunnel syndrome, Radial nerve tunnel
- Ligament reconstruction
SHOULDER AND UPPER ARM
- Sports injuries like shoulder instability, AC joint injuries, Pectoralis Major tear
- Clavicle, scapula and humerus fracture - dislocation
- Shoulder arthroscopy: Rotator cuff tear, labral injuries, biceps tendon
- Shoulder arthroplasty: Total and Reverse shoulder replacemen
- Dr Bernard Lallemand is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with over 20 years of experience in Orthopaedic Surgery with more than 16 years doing exclusively Hand and Upper Limb surgery, Nerve reconstruction and Microsurgery.
After completing his residency in Orthopaedics and Traumatology at the University Hospital of Liege in Belgium in 2005, he worked at the European Hand Institute in Luxembourg, where he has developed an activity focused on the upper limb extremity (shoulder, elbow, and wrist) and the hand. He was responsible for the organisation of the SOS Main Luxembourg, accredited FESUM, a service that provides support 24/7 to patients with trauma of the hand and the upper limb. He has also been an active faculty member of the Medical Training Center, which has taught and trained over 500 surgeons from around the world in hand and wrist surgery. Then in 2015, after two years being a visiting surgeon, he decided to permanently join Aspetar, Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Hospital, which is accredited as an International Federation of Association Football™ (FIFA) Medical Centre of Excellence by F-MARC® and International Olympic Committee (IOC) Research Centre for Prevention of Injury and Protection of Athlete Health, where he developed a hand unit that is the reference in the region for the treatment of wrist and hand sports injuries. He was also appointed as Assistant Professor of Clinical Orthopaedic Surgery in Weill Cornell Medicine. Prior to joining Mediclinic, Dr Bernard Lallemand had relocated to the United Arab Emirates in late 2019 to join the challenging DxBone Excellence Center.
In addition to having performed more than 12,000 surgeries in the Europe and Middle East region, he is also a member of many International Societies such as: American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand, International Wrist Arthroscopy Society, etc. Dr Bernard Lallemand has published as author/co-author more than 50 journal articles and book chapters and has presented more than 200 lectures, conferences, workshops, and instructional courses worldwide. He is also associate editor of the “Orthopaedics & Traumatology: Surgery & Research” (OTSR), Official journal of the French Society for Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology (SoFCOT), and reviewer for numerous international journals.
- 1992-1995: Diploma of Bachelor of Medicine | University of Liège, Belgium.
1995-1999: Diploma of Doctor of Medicine | University of Liège, Belgium.
1999-2005: Diploma of Orthopedic and Traumatology | University of Liège, Belgium.
2000-2001: Diploma of Microsurgery | University of Bruxelles, Belgium.
2002-2003: Diploma of Arthroscopy | University of Bordeaux, France.
2005-2007: Diploma of Hand and Upper limb surgery | University of Nancy, France.
2019: FIFA Diploma in Football Medicine | FIFA-Medical
Mediclinic Parkview Hospital
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
In department Orthopaedics