- Management of all inflammatory arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, spondyloarthritis and gout
- Management of connective tissue diseases such as Lupus, Sjogren’s, vasculitis and myositis
- Management of non-inflammatory conditions including OA, FMS, back pains and osteoporosis
- Early inflammatory arthritis and ultrasound of joints (hands, wrists and feet)
- Joints aspiration and injections
- Soft tissue injections
- Support of other specialities in the treatment of other inflammatory conditions that require immunosuppression, such as uveitis
- Dr. Brier graduated from the Faculty of Medicine, University of Khartoum in Sudan in 1998 where she had successfully finished her internship. She moved to Ireland to complete her basic medical training in internal medicine where she worked in different specialities including rheumatology. During her basic training she become a member of the Royal College of Physicians in Ireland in 2006 and also the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Glasgow. After obtaining her BST certificate she worked as medical registrar for three years, during which time she got her Master degree in Clinical Rheumatology from the University of Manchester in the UK in 2011. She moved the UK to join the higher speciality training in rheumatology in East of England Deanary. She had her CCT in rheumatology in April 2018. She since has been working as consultant rheumatologist in NWAFT hospitals in the UK.
She has studied the common genetic pathway for rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis as the main research during her study for the Master degree. During her rheumatology training in Southend University hospital she performed a research in the use of ultrasonography in the diagnosis of giant cell arteritis with Prof. Dasgupta which was presented in the EULAR meeting (European League against Rheumatism).
- MBBS, MRCPI, MRCPS (glas). MSc Clinical Rheumatology (Manchester University UK), CCT (EoE Deanery UK)