Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Occupational therapy enables children with developmental delay and/or specific paediatric conditions to develop and achieve physical (gross and fine motor), cognitive and visual-perceptual skills to perform in self-care, social, play and scholastic areas.
Therapy is provided through age-appropriate activities to address underlying impairments, provide adaptive tools and modify your child’s environment to facilitate their development. The occupational therapist works closely with parents and teachers to develop goals and review progress regularly.
Our Paediatric Occupational Therapist is experienced with autism spectrum disorder, ADD/ADHD, developmental delay, sensory processing disorder, dyspraxia and chromosomal abnormalities (particular interest in William's Syndrome). Both sensory and behavioural approaches are used for intervention.
Paediatric OT services include assessment and treatment for:
- Prewriting and handwriting development
- Gross and fine motor skills
- Dyspraxia and coordination disorders
- Sensory Processing Disorder/Sensory Integration therapy
- Picky eating
- Toilet training
- Self-help/independence skills - feeding, dressing, bathing
- Stepping Stones Triple P Parenting Program for children with disabilities (behaviour based parenting program)
- Visual perceptual skills
- Social and play skills
- Behaviour support