How mothers and babies are supported in Mediclinic City Hospital?
Mediclinic City Hospital is the 1st Baby- Friendly designated private hospital in Dubai.
The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) is a global program introduced by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) to improve the health and wellbeing of mothers and babies through increasing breastfeeding rates.
Baby Friendly initiative supports all the families regardless of their choice of feeding method.
Due to its commitment to excellence, the figures show that more than 93% of new mothers at Mediclinic City Hospital initiate skin to skin and breastfeeding within the first hour after birth and chose to breastfeed exclusively. All healthy babies are kept with their mothers in the same room during their stay in the hospital and encouraged to continue rooming-in at home for the first year of life, as globally recommended. We promote responsive feeding and help mothers to recognize their baby’s feeding cues and to respond to it on time. This will create a loving and nurturing environment for the better development of baby.
The health benefits related to breastfeeding is the biggest preference that families choose to deliver at our hospital. Evidences show that babies born in a Baby Friendly hospital has higher chance of being breastfed.
Baby Friendly hospital initiative shows the commitment of the hospital to deliver Excellency of services to the patients as well as caring about the public health issues as they provide the best start of life for newborns and continue supporting mothers and babies to meet their breastfeeding goals and have the health benefits of breastfeeding.
- Free Antenatal Classes held every alternate Saturday on the 4th floor in Mediclinic City Hospital North Wing building.
- Free Maternity tours – a guided tour into the maternity ward:
- Maternity Services Hotline – to answer queries related to antenatal care, labor or delivery
- Educational video explaining the stages of pregnancy and your birthing experience at Mediclinic.
- Access to latest diagnostic and prenatal tests at Mediclinic’s fetal medicine unit
- Access to Mediclinic baby to track your pregnancy details.
- You will receive a “Congratulations on your Pregnancy” card with a QR code that will direct you to ample educational material
- Find out the gender of your baby through an exciting activation. You will receive a pink or blue frame with an ultrasound picture to reveal the gender of your baby if you wish to know the gender prior to delivery
- Expert care around-the-clock from our multicultural team of midwives
- Spacious private rooms with sleeper couch for your companion
- Full entertainment selection and free WiFi
- VIP rooms available for those who seek an even more luxurious setting
- Choice of freshly cooked meals from our varied menu
- Welcome package on arrival including a range of quality amenities for mother and baby
- Choose your favourite pillow! To make your postnatal stay more comfortable you may now select your favourite pillow from various carefully selected pillow types
- Delivering your baby is unforgettable experience, linking it to a scent can help you connect and remember this beautiful journey. You can now choose a scent from our scent menu that helps promote relaxation and set your mood while delivering your baby
- Listen to your favourite music in the labour and delivery rooms by connecting your phones to our newly added speakers
- You and your companion will get complimentary hi-tea during your postnatal stay with us
- Daddy’s will receive complimentary goodie bag
- Free newborn hearing screening
- Lactation Clinic (subject to preference)
- Advice on kangaroo care to give your baby the most comforting start in life
- Onsite issue of birth certificate
- Celebratory cake
- Free Mediclinic baby bag filled with essential items for baby
- Access to postnatal educational videos in patient rooms
- Escort to vehicle on departure to ensure you are familiar with how to strap baby safely into his car seat
AFTER YOU’VE GONE HOME
- Complimentary consultation with a dietician to advise on postnatal diet to ensure you maintain your health and strength
- Access to women’s health physiotherapy services
- Access to post-discharge support services including Mother support groups and advice Services hotlines
- One free post-discharge consultation with an OB/GYN for the mother if not covered by insurance (not applicable for independent doctors)
- Dedicated breastfeeding facilities within the hospitals for follow-up visits
- Discounted vaccination package for baby for two years after birth
- Access to support for mothers who suspect they be suffering from postpartum blues or depression
- Vouchers for discounted products and services in your area
- Access to free infant massage training
- Access of Postnatal Pilates class