The surgical department at Mediclinic City Hospital includes 24 hours cover for A&E, with the capability to perform major surgical procedures round the clock, including management of patients with peritonitis and polytrauma, as well as laparoscopic procedures.
The department is also geared to perform a whole range of major elective general surgical procedures including gastrointestinal surgery, head and neck surgery, surgery of the limbs (eg. varicose veins), breast surgery and cancer surgery.
All operations are performed in six fully equipped modern operating theatres, including a dedicated theatre for caesarean sections. The department also includes a Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) for the care of seriously ill patients.
Outpatient services are available daily and many minor procedures can be performed in the outpatient department or day care ward to shorten the patient's stay in the hospital. Such procedures might include banding and injection of haemorrhoids (piles) and excision of small swellings.
- 24 hours emergency coverage
- Outpatient treatment room performing minor procedures under local anaesthesia (haemorrhoids injection, varicose veins, injection of venous flares, excisions etc.)
- GI surgery
- Head and neck surgery
- Limb diseases (TAO, peripheral vascular disease, varicose veins)
- Oncological surgery
- Breast cancer surgery
- Laparascopic surgery
- Endoscopy (gastroscopy, colonoscopy).
- 24 hour operating theatre
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)