Usama M. Warshow Dr.
- Gastroenterology / Hepatology
- Liver cirrhosis and its complications
- Fatty liver
- Viral hepatitis, including hepatitis B, C & D
- Liver transplantation
- Peptic ulcer diseases, chronic pancreatitis and gallbladder conditions
- Inflammatory bowel disease, including ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- Heartburn, indigestion and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, Irritable bowel syndrome
- Colonic polyps and endoscopy surveillance
- Dr Usama Warshow has over 15 years of experience in Gastroenterology & Hepatology working in the UAE and UK. He relocated to the UAE from the UK three years ago, previously working as a consultant gastroenterologist in Tawam Hospital, Al Ain. Before this, Dr Warshow held a consultant post in a large university teaching Hospital in the South West of England.
- Dr Warshow received his medical degree from St Bartholomew’s & Royal London Hospital Medical Colleges, London, and undertook his specialist training in Oxford and the South West of England.
- Having a specialist interest in liver disease, with a PhD in the field of Hepatology, he is experienced in managing liver diseases including viral hepatitis, cirrhosis and pre- and post-liver transplant patients.
- Dr Warshow is an experienced endoscopist and performs interventional and diagnostic endoscopy. He is accredited in UK by Joint Advisory Group (JAG) as a therapeutic endoscopist and colonoscopy trainer.
- He is an active researcher and medical trainer who currently holds an Honorary Associate Professor position at UAE University, College of Medical & Health Sciences. Previously, holding an Honorary Associate Professor post in Peninsula Medical School, Exeter & Plymouth, UK. He has been involved in multiple multicentre trials and has publications in high impact peer-reviewed journals.
- Dr Warshow is a member of the European Association for the Study of Liver disease and European Association for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
- CCT (UK)
- MRCP (Lond.)
- PhD (UK)