Demetrius Evriviades Dr.
- Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery
Plastic surgery procedures
- Breast Reconstruction (DIEP flap)
- Facial Paralysis Surgery
- Removal of soft tissue lumps eg lipoma, cysts
- Pigmented skin lesions
- Skin cancer (BCC/SCC/Melanoma)
- Reconstruction after trauma, cancer or infection
- Facial lacerations
- Burns (early management and late reconstruction)
- Scar management
- Diagnosis and management of soft tissue tumours
- Hand conditions eg trigger finger, Dupuytrens disease, Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hand trauma eg fingertip injuries, tendons, nerves
- Skin grafting
A variety of cosmetic procedures including:
- Face and Necklift
- Blepharoplasty (removal of excess eyelid skin and fat)
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Body Contouring after massive weight loss
- Abnormal scars
- Dr Demetrius Evriviades is a UK Board Certified Consultant Plastic Surgeon of over 20 years’ experience of a wide variety of plastic surgery techniques learnt and performed during his training in the UK and Canada and in practice in the UK. He was previously the head of the largest Plastic Surgery Department in the UK. He has a special interest in cosmetic surgery of the face, breast and body. He has vast experience of complex reconstruction following trauma and cancer with a special interest in the treatment of facial paralysis using the most advanced microsurgical techniques by nerve transfers and free muscle transplants.
He is a Full Member of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS) and the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) at the Royal College of Surgeons of England, the governing and representative body for Plastic Surgery in the UK. He is an Examiner for the FRCS(Plast) exam and was previously a member of the Specialist Advisory Committee in Plastic Surgery for the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Qualifying as a doctor in the UK in 1994, he underwent basic surgical training around the UK. After a period of time spent researching new treatments for chemical burns, he went on to complete a formal training program in Plastic and Reconstructive surgery in the UK and overseas at the prestigious University Hospitals, Toronto qualifying FRCS (Plast) in 2007. During this time he completed advanced surgical fellowships in Cosmetic Surgery, Breast Reconstruction, Eyelid Surgery, and Microsurgical reconstruction.
Appointed Consultant Plastic Surgeon in 2009 at University Hospitals Birmingham, UK, for many years he balanced a reconstructive practice for major trauma and cancer with a large cosmetic surgical practice.
- BSc(Hons) MB ChB, Liverpool, UK
MRCS Royal College of Surgeons, UK
FRCS (Plast) Royal College of Surgeons, UK
Postgraduate Diploma in Trauma Surgery – Swansea University, UK
- Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeon, University Hospitals Birmingham, UK
Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgeon, Private Practice, UK
Fellow in Microsurgery, University Hospitals Toronto, Canada
Fellow in Aesthetic Surgery, Nottingham University Hospitals, UK
Fellow in Head and Neck Surgery, Leicester General Hospital, UK
Fellow in Oculoplastic Surgery, Leicester General Hospital, UK
Mediclinic Parkview Hospital
Consultant Plastic Surgery
In department Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery