Mediclinic Al Ain Hospital Radiology Scope of Services
High quality, comprehensive diagnostic testing, offering the most advanced technical capabilities and modern facilities to eligible inpatients and outpatients.
Well-qualified, motivated, and customer-orientated staff who have all the required licenses to provide the following services:
- General digital radiography
- DEXA scan - Bone density DEXA Scans are the gold standard to measure a patient’s bone mineral density. Our DEXA machine features the latest in technological development, which helps assess osteopenia, osteoporosis and risk of fracture. A DEXA scan will accurately measure a patient’s bone loss by using a low dose of x-ray and they are primarily performed on the spine and hip
- Digital mammography
- Ultrasonography, advanced ultrasound machine technology
- Interventional radiology, including image guided biopsies and drains.
- CT scanning (160 slice) - high speed CT scanner provide superior diagnostic information for a broad range of medical conditions. Increased frame and transfer rates decrease a patient’s time on the table to only minutes and CT technology offers high quality images with the lowest possible radiation doses
- MRI 3 Tesla a state-of-the-art MRI scanner uses a magnetic field and computerised imaging software to obtain detailed pictures of internal organs, tissues and bones through the entire body
Furthermore, the scope of service covers:
- Quality control, monitoring and evaluation
- Voice recognition for reporting
- Nursing services for patients in Medical Imaging Department
- Copying images onto CD for external use
- Continuing staff education
- Peer Review.
Women’s Imaging Scope of Services
- Screening and diagnostic breast imaging including (mammogram, breast ultrasound and breast MRI)
- Breast intervention services including cyst aspiration, core biopsy