Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), also called prostate enlargement is a benign (noncancerous) enlargement of the prostate that blocks the flow of urine through the urethra resulting in obstruction causing symptoms like difficult, urgent and frequent urination (during the day and night).
Symptoms of enlarged prostate can include:
- A weak or slow urinary stream
- A feeling of incomplete bladder emptying
- Difficulty starting urination
- Frequent urination
- Urgency to urinate
- Getting up frequently at night to urinate
- A urinary stream that starts and stops
- Straining to urinate
- Continued dribbling of urine
- Returning to urinate again minutes after finishing
Along with medications there are various surgical techniques to treat prostate enlargement. To get the best results, the urologist has to select the best technique for you. Mediclinic Dubai Mall has an in-house day surgery unit to cater to any of these day surgery procedures away from the hassle and stress of a hospital environment.
Article compiled by
Dr. Marco Raber.
To know more about him check below: