What to Expect During Pregnancy
During the first weeks of pregnancy you may find yourself dealing with a lot of concerns. They may include:
- Am I going to miscarry? Miscarriages are most common in the first trimester. Approximately 1/5 of pregnancies. Should you have any bleeding or any other reason to be worried, it is advisable to consult your doctor, whereby he/she may do an ultrasound.
- Weight gain. Women that experience nausea during their first trimester may find themselves eating a lot more. Try and eat healthy snacks during the day rather than fatty foods.
- Dizziness. This is usually due to your blood-sugar levels that may vary as your body begins to change. Bananas are a good choice as they are rich in vitamin B6 and assist in prevent your blood-sugar levels from dropping.
Helpful tips to get you through these stages:
- Take breaks and put your feet up several times throughout the day.
- Try to minimise stress at work.