Diabetes care is not confined to prescribing anti-diabetics and tracking blood sugar, it takes a well rounded multidisciplinary team approach to ensure care.
It is with great pleasure that Mediclinic Dubai Mall introduces a structured programme for pre-diabetes, type 1 & 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes (diabetes in pregnancy) and it offers:
- Screening, diagnosis and management with your physician
- Complimentary first consultation with the diabetes educator after your first physician visit
- Complimentary first consultation with the dietician after your first physician visit
- Customised diabetes diet plan
- Personalised journal along with educational material
- Blood sugar tests
- Regular follow-ups with your primary physician
- Access to diabetes innovations and new technologies
- Referral team available in-house
Diabetic Wellness Centre approach
- PRE-DIABETIC PATIENTS need a diabetes prevention programme that includes healthy dietary changes and an exercise programme as well as close monitoring to prevent disease progression
- DIABETIC PATIENTS need comprehensive care to understand and manage their disease properly. They need information about day-to-day processes (how to check the sugar, what ingredients to choose, what plate to order, when to take the medicine etc.) They will therefore be followed by a “primary team” of a diabetes educator, dietician, primary physicians and podiatrist.
- GESTATIONAL DIABETIC PATIENTS need close monitoring of glycemia during pregnancy and education on a low-carbohydrate nutritious diet to achieve good pregnancy outcomes. More so, they need follow-up post-delivery to ensure resolution of diabetes and prevention of recurrence in the coming years.
The aim of the programme is to try to decrease the burden of a chronic disease and provide patients with a team that can listen to them, educate them, support them, control their sugar and most importantly ensure that they are “well” and “healthy”.
Enjoy same day appointments with your doctor, dietician and diabetes educator upon availability.
To book an appointment with a family physician, internal medicine specialist or an endocrinologist call 8001999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or now you can download the MyMedclinic24x7 app and manage your own bookings online.