Mediclinic Dubai Mall has an ultramodern Radiology and Imaging Department equipped with the state of the art imaging modalities and is managed by a team of dedicated technologists headed by highly qualified and experienced radiologists.
Specialised imaging facilities
The latest MRI machine provides accurate investigation of brain, spine and joints. In addition it is capable of studies of the liver, biliary tree (MRCPs), entereography studies, pelvic outflow studies and pelvic organs.
One of the recent developments is its capability to image breasts (with special breast coil) in difficult to diagnose cases. MR Angiogram scans the arteries and veins of the brain, body, extremities and abdomen.
Another major advantage of this machine is its capability to perform MRI cardiac studies in adults and children.
CT SCAN (64 Slice)
With the upgrade to multi-slice CT, the multi-formatted and 3D images have increased diagnostic capability. With the new device, the study can be finished in few seconds, saving patient’s time. One of the distinct advantages of this machine is its capability to evaluate the coronary arteries of the heart non-invasively with a facility to estimate calcium scoring. More and more patients and physicians prefer this non-invasive method of investigating coronary arteries.
This machine is supported by a modern pressure injector for contrast medium injection. The 3D images are of great help in the evaluation of fractures, tumours and aneurysms.
CT angiogram is of value in pulmonary embolism, abdominal arteries and extremities, neck and brain vessels. CT guided drainage procedures prevent surgeries.
CT assisted virtual colonoscopy is an important tool that can be applied to very sick patients who are not fit for colonoscopy.
Digital mammography unit with 3D tomosynthesis.
- High quality digital Images
- Intelligent automatic exposure control and ability to detect breast with implants and apply dose accordingly
- Ablility to do breast tomosynthesis
- Ability to perform stereotactic biopsy
- Magnification spot and compressed available
RIS / PACS
The Department is virtually paperless and filmless with the use of RIS and PACS (Radiology Information System and Picture Archiving Communication System). As soon as the investigation is over, the images reaches the radiologist’s and physicians’ computers for viewing and interpretation; thus avoiding any loss of time in the management of the patients. All the interpretation reports and images are available at all times. There is no chance of losing a study or report nor mixing up reports. Subsequent investigations can be compared with the previous studies easily – only a click of a button away!
Apart from these specialised imaging facilities, the department includes:
- Digital tomosynthesis - this technique uses x-rays which helps in Orthopaedics by detecting micro fractures in hips, knees and wrists that can be missed in normal x-rays
- Whole spine slotting - a new technique where the whole spine is captured with a reduced dose and without losing any clarity of image quality
- Gastrointestinal and urological fluoroscopic procedures
- Ultrasound with colour doppler and ultrasound guided procedures such as FNAC and TruCut biopsies
- Orthopantomograph with 3D Cone beam CT
- Cephalometric radiograph
With the availability of sophisticated equipment and technical expertise, various therapeutic procedures which are safe and simple alternatives to surgical procedures in high risk patients can be performed in the department.