Obesity is currently recognised as a real disease rather than a lifestyle issue. It affects our lives, our independence and extends to family members and people close to us. It plays a major role in our sugar levels (diabetes mellitus), lipid metabolism (hyperlipidemia) and cardio-vascular system.
At Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, our Bariatric Surgery service is structured according the international best practice guidelines for the management of obesity. It provides a comprehensive programme that deals with all aspects of obesity. We deliver nutritional, metabolic and surgical services for the management of morbid obesity and uncontrolled weight gain.
The service is led by an expert surgeon with a team of physicians all with the highest levels of western certifications\qualifications along with experts in dietetics and other supporting services who will make sure that each patient receives highly specialised care that is tailored to his individual needs.
Services provided include:
- Intra-gastric balloon
- Laparoscopic gastric banding
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
- One anastomosis gastric bypass (mini gastric bypass)
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass
- Revisional obesity surgery (correction of failed obesity surgeries)
- Management of complications of obesity surgery
- Management of medical comorbidities of obesity
- Counselling before and after obesity surgery
- Multidisciplinary management by experienced consultants and specialists
- Specialised dietetic center with expert dietitcians