Surgical services provided at Mediclinic Welcare Hospital include 24 hour cover for the emergency department with facilities to perform major surgical and laparoscopic procedures round the clock for acute conditions and planned procedures.
The department is also geared to perform a whole range of major elective general surgical procedures including gastrointestinal surgery, head and neck surgery, surgery of the limbs (eg. varicose veins), breast surgery and cancer surgery.
All operations are performed in four fully equipped modern operating theatres. The department also includes a Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) for the care of seriously ill patients.
Outpatient services are available daily and many minor procedures can be performed in the OPD or day care ward to shorten the patient's stay in the hospital. Among such procedures are banding and injection of haemorrhoids (piles) and excision of small swellings.
- 24 hour emergency coverage
- Outpatient treatment room performing minor procedures under local anaesthesia (haemorrhoids injection, varicose veins, injection of venous flares, excisions, etc)
- GI surgery
- Head and neck surgery
- Limb diseases (TAO, peripheral vascular disease, varicose veins)
- Oncological surgery
- Laparascopic surgery
- Endoscopy (gastroscopy, colonoscopy).
- 24 hour operation theatre
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU)