Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT)
The ENT department deals with all diseases of the nose, sinuses, throat, larynx and ears. It tackles the most complex conditions both medically and surgically, if required. Some common problems include sinusitis, tonsillitis, hearing disorders including booksellers, glue ear syndrome etc.
The procedures we offer include:
- Audiology testing - this measures the hearing level and determines the pressure in the middle ear . We also conduct paediatric hearing tests by ABR (also know as BERA).
- Simple middle ear fluid suction and insertion of grommets.
- More complicated ear surgery including ear drum grafting and middle ear ossicles reconstruction and mastoidectomy. We have an experienced specialist to operate on otosclrotic disease (third bone in the ossiclular chain fixed ).
- Routine nasal surgery, nasal septum correction and turbinate reduction surgery.
- Benign tumours of nasal cavity like angiofibroma, fungal diseases or infective diseases like muco-pyocoele drainage through nose.
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery - treating and clearing the sinus using an endoscope.
- Routine adenoid and tonsils removal.
- Vocal chord dysfunction surgery.
- Pharyngeal surgery for snoring.
- Salivary glands surgery.