Did you know that back pain is the second most common pain in the world? As we grow older, it’s common for many parts of our body to begin to ache and stiffen. Unfortunately, the spine is also more likely to have severe medical issues arise throughout the years.
The Spine Clinic at Mediclinic Welcare Hospital is led by experts. Dr. Khaled Aneiba, a UK-trained Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon has 20 years of experience, and Dr. Ahmed Allam, a Consultant Neurosurgeon has over 17 years of experience treating complex spinal disorders.
Why choose the Spine Clinic at Mediclinic Welcare Hospital?
- Ethical practices – patient education, accountability and patient-centred care
- Evidence-based medicine – no overtreatment
- Experienced doctors
When should you consult a spine expert?
- You avoid walking or prolonged sitting because it worsens your back, neck, arm or leg pain
- You find yourself hunching over to get back pain relief
- You’ve been diagnosed with spinal stenosis, bulging/herniated disc or other spinal conditions
- You’ve tried conservative treatments like massage therapy, chiropractic treatments and physical therapy without pain relief
Spine treatment is a journey between a patient and a doctor exploring different options for treatment as the majority of spine problems do not need surgery. Treatments available include:
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty
- Spinal laminectomy/Spinal decompression
- Spinal fusion
- Artificial disc replacement
- Wide range of non-operative treatment of common spine disorders
- Latest and new technology in treating chronic pain including cryotherapy radiofrequency