Travel medicine, is a branch of medicine that focuses on the health of travellers. It involves assessing a traveller's health risks, providing preventative measures (such as vaccines and medications) to reduce those risks, and managing any health issues that arise while the traveller is away from home. Travel medicine may also include providing advice on how to stay healthy while travelling, as well as responding to any medical emergencies that may occur.
At our Travel Clinic, we are dedicated to providing personalised health care services to travellers of all ages. Our team of experienced and knowledgeable staff is here to ensure your trip is safe and enjoyable.
What we provide?
- Health risk assessment of your travel based on your destination and itinerary
- Travel-specific vaccinations as recommended by World Health Organization (WHO) and United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to prevent infection during travel.
- Vaccinations prior to Hajj and Umrah
- Prevention of Itinerary-specific health threats like malaria, dengue, hepatitis, tetanus, typhoid fever, rabies including recent travel advisories
- Assessment of returning ill traveller
- Food and water precautions
- Insect bite precautions
- Self-treatment of traveller’s diarrhoea
- Malaria prophylaxis
- Motion sickness
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism
- Jet lag
Before you travel: pre-travel risk assessment, optimisation of current medical conditions and medication, fitness to fly certificate, vaccinations and vaccine plans, immunisation plan, knowledge of where to go to obtain suitable care, advice for avoidance of arthropod-borne diseases, awareness of what symptoms to bring to the attention of primary or secondary care in case of emergencies, other prescriptions (malaria, antibiotics, loperamide, bugs repellent, mosquitos nets etc.)
When you’re back: post travel follow up in case you develop any new symptoms
At our Travel Clinic, we understand the importance of staying healthy while travelling. That’s why we take every precaution to ensure your safety. Our staff is committed to providing the highest quality of service and care, so you can enjoy a worry-free trip.
When should you book an appointment? At least four to six weeks before your travel with details of your itinerary as well as planned activities.
*It is advisable to bring your itinerary and previous vaccination records for the consultation.
*If yellow fever vaccine is required we will refer you to DHA