Mediclinic City Hospital offers an ethical, evidence based weight reduction programme according to recognised international standards of patient care.
The prevalence of overweight in GCC adults has been reported to be 48% amongst males and 35% amongst females, while the prevalence of obesity is 24% amongst males and 40% amongst females. The UAE in particular is one of six Middle Eastern countries with the highest rates of overweight and obesity. The prevalence of obesity along with overweight is 27% and 16% respectively in UAE.
We offer comprehensive medical and surgical services for the treatment of adults with obesity with the aim of improving health through weight management. Our multi-disciplinary team is comprised of a consultant endocrinologist, consultant bariatric surgeon, bariatric coordinator, gastroenterologists, anaesthetists, psychologist, bariatric dietician and exercise therapists.
Our multi-displinary team reviews all weight reduction cases and decisions. Our team members are readily accessible to provide advice and we run a monthly patient support group. Our service is fully compliant with the American Society for metabolic and bariatric surgery guidelines.
Our service ethos is to:
- Implement state-of-the art evidence-based care for obese patients
- Monitor all obesity-related medical conditions and risk factors
- Provide high quality patient and public information
- Improve access to care pathways by optimising referral processes and developing close working between levels of care
- Develop comprehensive multidisciplinary local collaboration
- Facilitate, and empower patients to make healthy lifestyle changes: develop therapeutic education
- Educate staff about treating patients with obesity
- Promote obesity related knowledge and awareness among the public and health care providers
- Improve the collaboration interface between clinical researchers and scientists
- Integrate health care, teaching and research
- Undertake and facilitate clinical research projects
For more information on Mediclinic City Hospital’s Weight Reduction and Obesity Management Programme contact: firstname.lastname@example.org