Orthopaedic services offered at Mediclinic City Hospital include a Specialised Knee Unit focused on managing patients of all age groups and all ranges of activity level, from high performance athletes to those with debilitating knee arthritis.
Our highly experienced knee surgeons work with a specialist musculoskeletal radiologist as well as physiotherapists to provide individualised care to the patient in the most effective and compassionate manner. This unit is focused on managing all knee conditions with treatment ranging from joint preservation surgery to knee replacement surgery.
We have a busy joint replacement service which offers both partial as well as total knee replacement in the cases of severe osteoarthritis. We perform pioneering robotic total knee replacement surgery to improve the accuracy and precision of implant positioning.
Apart from managing adult knee injuries, our team also specialises in managing ligament and osteochondral injuries in children and adolescents. We also offer the latest techniques such as stem cell therapy, osteochondral grafting and meniscus transplant surgery in order to save the native knee joint from degeneration.
Our knee joint services includes:
- Partial and total knee replacement
- Revision knee replacement
- Tibial and femoral osteotomies
- Arthroscopic primary and revision ACL and PCL reconstruction surgery (children and adults)
- Knee multi-ligament reconstruction for complex ligament injuries including LCL/MCL/MPFL
- Arthroscopic meniscus surgery - repair & replacement
- Cartilage surgery including osteochondral injuries (MACI )
- Patello-femoral stabilising surgery including osteotomies and trochleoplasty
- Different joint injection therapies including:
- Stem cell therapy
- Plasma rich protein (PRP) therapy
- Visco-supplementation therapy