Zakir K Mohamed Dr.
- General Surgery
- English, Arabic (basic), Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil
- Colon and rectal cancer minimally invasive surgery
- Early detection and cancer Screening
- Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease surgery
- Proctology (haemorrhoids, fistula, fissure)
- Pelvic floor disorders (incontinence, constipation)
- Single port and robotic surgery
- Dr. Zakir has over 15 years of clinical experience and was a consultant colorectal and general surgeon in the UK, after achieving his Advanced Laparoscopic and Robotic Fellowship from Hong Kong (University of Hong Kong under Prof WL Law) and CCT (in Colorectal Surgery) from the UK. Having undertaken his general surgery training and colorectal higher surgical training from renowned laparoscopic colorectal surgical centres in England and under world renowned surgeons such as Mr T S Gill, he comes with a wealth of experience.
- He established himself as an expert in minimally invasive surgery, performing the first single port colorectal surgery, besides leading the pelvic floor disorder clinic, in the region.
- Recently, Dr Zakir also worked at the Regional Cancer Centre in Dammam, dealing with complex colorectal cancers and inflammatory bowel diseases. He joins Mediclinic after successfully setting up Robotic Surgery in that unit, being the first in Saudi Arabia to perform colorectal surgery using the latest DaVinci Xi robot.
- He has a strong passion for education, being the lead tutor for the surgical module at Nottingham Medical School, UK and also tutored for the Masters programme of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. He was also credited with establishing innovative programmes to develop international doctors joining the NHS. Furthermore he served as the Deputy Director of the Colorectal Fellowship Program in the Eastern Province.
- A fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of both Edinburgh and England, he has published papers in numerous peer-reviewed journals and is on the review panel of international journals. He holds a Master's degree in Health Research and has been lead researcher for many national and international trials. Most recently he was the principal investigator for ROCSS trial.
- Dr Zakir is a member of the Association of Coloproctologists of Great Britain and Ireland and holds a consultant license in General and Colorectal Surgery in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, India and the United Kingdom. He is also currently an Honorary Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust, UK.
- MRCSEd (Gen surg)
- CCBST (UK)
- MSc (Leeds)
- FRCSEd (Colorectal)
- CCT (UK)