The healing process of wounds is complex and requires special care and attention.
At Mediclinic Parkview Hospital, you will be seen by one of our specialist doctors and trained wound nurses. Our multidisciplinary approach ensures you have the highest level of expert care. Treatment at the wound clinic will ensure that your healing process is as fast as possible and that you enjoy the best possible quality of life.
Wounds treated include:
- Slow healing open wounds (chronic wounds)
- Diabetic wounds
- Vascular related chronic wounds
- Burn wound care
- Infectious wounds
- Radiation injuries
- Prolonged non-healing wounds
- Pressure injuries/sores
- Vacuum therapy/negative pressure therapy (VAC therapy)
- PICO negative pressure wound care
- Gangrene wound care
- Colostomy and ileostomy care
- Advanced wound care dressings and vac machines